Lipo battery–lithium polymer battery, a kind of rechargeable battery in a soft package or pouch. You may use it often, but do you know what’s inside it? Today i am going to “ disassemble” it.
First you will see many numbers on battery surface. What do they mean?
- The S rating is the number of cells
- The C rating is the discharge rate.The C rating is the maximum safe continuous discharge rate of a pack. For example, you see 25C on above battery, it means it can be discharged at 25 times that pack’s capacity. That is 25 x10000/1000=250amps.
- The mAh means mili ampere hour. It is a measure of the energy storage capability of the battery. For example, above battery is 10000mAHh, then it is capable of delivering 10000mA for 1 hour.
- “V” is the voltage of the battery pack. Voltage of single cell is 3.7V, as there is 4 cells, so total 14.8V.
- “Wh”means watt-hour. It is a unit of energy equivalent to one watt (1 W) of power expended for one hour (1 h) of time. It’s a measure of the actual energy content of the battery, it measures how much power (watts) the battery can supply multiplied by the number of hours it can do so before it runs out.
Then what is inside the battery pack? On the surface, it is a soft PVC to protect the pack. Inside it is composed of single cells