Given my newfound liking of 180 quads, I’ve been racking my head about what would be the 180 quad best battery size. This is for a high performance FPV racing 180 mini quad.
- I first got into 180 size quads when a friend sold me his XE180 mini quad with Cobra 2204/28 2300kv motors and LittleBee 20A ESCs. The XE180 happens to be a very light quad if built right. Mine is 275 grams without battery. At the time, I had a bunch of Turnigy Nanotech 4S 45c – 90c 1300mah batteries. I didn’t want to spend money on anything else so I decided I’d be flying those. And hey, I’ve had great success with them. I’m certainly not a Nanotech hater. They’ve been great to me
Weights first1300mah range
- Turnigy Nanotech 1.3a 45C: 155g +/-
- Gens Tattu 1300mah 75C: 155g +/-
- RMRC 1300mah 60C: 150g +/-
- Gens Tattu 1050mah 75C: 125g +/-
- RMRC 1000mah 60C: 108g +/-
- Turnigy Nanotech 1.3a 45C: 58.5A (Good)
- Gens Tattu 1300mah 75C: 97.5A (Great)
- RMRC 1300mah 60C: 78A (Plenty)
- Gens Tattu 1050mah 75C: 78.75A (Plenty)
- RMRC 1000mah 60C: 60A (5A short of my target).