In January, Axial released new RC crawler – SCX10 II Trail Honcho 1/10th Scale Electric 4WD. It is the ultimate adventure rig, taking you to unimaginable extremes with every expedition. Based on the proven SCX10 II platform, the Trail Honcho boasts a tough steel C-channel frame rail chassis, adjustable coil-over oil shocks, an adjustable AX10 transmission, a four-LED set, 1.9″ Falken WildPeak M/T tires and 1.9 Method Hole wheels. A water-resistant 35T motor, a waterproof AE-5L ESC and Tactic TTX200 SLT radio system add to the quality – and convenience.
Length: 19.25″ (489mm)
Width: 8.9″ (226mm)
Height: 9.4″ (223.4mm)
Stock Wheelbase: 12.3″ (312.4mm), adjustable to 11.4″ (289mm) or 12.0″ (305mm) with optional link kits sold separately
Ground Clearance: 3.0″ (77mm)
Weight: 4.5lbs (2.04kg) approximately, with electronics
Optimized Gear Ratio: 3.75:1
Final Drive Ratio (FDR): 40.44, stock (33.69-54.15 with different spur/pinion gear combinations, extra spur and pinion gears must be purchased separately)
– Chassis: Scale steel C-channel side rails with adjustable body mount, adjustable bumper mounts with swaybar mounting points, mounting points for optional 2-speed and servo winch, adjustable chassis mounted servo system.
– Drive: Full time 4WD locked drivetrain with WB8 HD Wild Boar driveshafts, UVJ style front driveshafts for up to 45°of steering angle, full ball bearing drivetrain
– Transmission: AX10 three gear layout, metal motor plate, adjustable ratio for high speed or competition level crawling speed.
– Slipper Clutch: Dual pad design for added surface area, 32P gear pitch for high-torque applications.
– Motor: 35-turn, brush equipped, water resistant, integrated cooling fan.
– Radio: Tactic TTX200 2-channel SLT radio with TR325 Receiver, steering and throttle end point adjustment & reverse, pushbutton steering and throttle trim.
– Steering Servo: Tactic TSX45 metal gear, water resistant, 151oz/in torque rating, dual ball bearings.
– ESC: AE-5L waterproof, switchable between LiPo or NiMH operation with a simple jumper, Star plug battery connector, built-in LED light controller (NOTE LED leads are not compatible with old – Axial LED light strings, or third-party LED light strings).
– Spur Gear: 56T 32-pitch, plastic construction.
– Pinion Gear: 15T 32-pitch, steel construction.
– LED Lights: Four white for head lights and turn signal markers, and two red lights for tail lights.
– Battery Tray: Easy access front mount, accommodates batteries up to 5.75 x 1.2″(147 x 32mm) 5000mAh 3s, with battery posts in position dimensions are reduced to 5.4 x .94″ (138 x 24mm)
– Front and Rear Axles: Hardened steel.
– AR44 Hi-Pinion Axle: Hypoid cut CNC metal gears, optimized gear ratio for reduced torque twist, optional gearing choices, one-piece axle housing, increased clearance, larger load rated bearings for durability, 8°kingpin axle eliminates tire scrub, single piece axle housing, one-piece all metal locker, 10°increment adjustments for knuckle carriers and straight axle adapters, optimized gear ratio; 3.75 compared to 2.92 previously, for less torque twist.
For the great RC crawler, Gens ace 5000mAh 3S lipo battery for Axial SCX10 II Trail Honcho is perfectly. Now let us to see more details:
Gens ace 5000mAh 11.1V 50C 3S1P HardCase Lipo Battery are designed for your rc cars with serious peformance in mind. The hard protective case gives the battery well protected no matter you are crawling, bashing or racing.
Minimum Capacity: 5000mAh
Configuration: 3S1P / 11.1V / 3Cell
Discharge Rate: 50C
Max Burst discharge Rate: 100C
Net Weight(±20g): 428g
Dimensions: 138mm x 46mm x 38mm (L x W x H)
Balancer Connector Type: JST-XHR-4P
Voltage: 11.1V / 3S / 3 Cell
Discharge Rate: 25C
Max Burst Discharge Rate: 50C
Size: 151mm x 46mm x 26mm (L x W x H)
Connector Type: XT60
If you are interested in more about Axial SCX10 II Trail Honcho batteries, check here: